| TCU Lonsdale Event and News
- 9/5/17: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! We are so excited!!
- 9/7/17: FAST Assessment begins. FAST is an assessment that screens our students as an indicator of performance in Reading and Math. The assessment suite offers several different assessments that are brief but provide teachers with valuable information that informs instruction and personalized learning experiences for learners. It typically takes our building 5-7 days to complete these assessments. Each student is engaged in a total of 30 to 40 minutes of testing.
- 9/12/17: PTO Meeting in the Lonsdale Media Center. Daycare is provided. Please join us!
- 9/26/17: Cherrydale Fundraiser Kick-Off
- 10/4/17: National Walk and Bike to School Day
- 10/10/17: Early Release Day and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 10/16/17-10/27/17: Trash for Cash Event
- 10/19/17-10/20/17: No School; Education MN Conference for Teachers
- The prairie restoration project on the north side of our TCU Lonsdale building continues to make progress. Thank you to the Lonsdale fire department for your coordinating efforts in completing a controlled burn earlier this month. Our students and faculty are eager to continue in our shared work to restore this local asset and utilize the prairie as an outdoor learning environment.
- TCU Lonsdale faculty has been engaged in deep learning about The Leader in Me. This school-wide leadership model will be implemented this year and will replace our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) model. We are excited to become a Leader in Me school and engage our students in 21st Century leadership skill development. For more information, please visit http://www.theleaderinme.org/.
- Teachers at TCU Lonsdale have also been exploring and planning for piloting Personalize Learning as the foundation of our instruction. We believe in the abilities and capabilities of each student and seek to ensure that the whole child is learning and developing in ways that fit their individual and unique needs. Through standards-based, personalize learning experiences we want to foster a love of learning, inquiry, risk-taking and problem-solving. We cannot do this without the ongoing support of our families and community members. We invite you to consider sharing your strengths, talents, and gifts with our students in the form of lectures, hands-on learning experiences, or other learning seminars. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us!